It's Friday and I am sick in bed with the flu, I've been craving veggies and something fresh but don't feel well enough to stand up through a long cooking process. Since I didn't go to the groceries store I have to fix a meal with whatever I have in the pantry, and I find: butter, frozen fresh ricotta raviolis, garlic, one big tomato, some mushrooms, and dried basil leaves. This is what I made:
Ingredients for 1 person:
5 large raviolis
1 large tomato, peeled and cut into cubes
5 mushrooms, cut in small dice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
pinch dried basil
1. Put a small pot of water to boil.
2. put butter in a small pan with butter and garlic and heat on low for 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes removing constantly, add salt and tomatoes and cook on high for 3 more minutes, don't leave it alone because it may now stick to the bottom. You want to cook it on high so you sauteé.
3. Meanwhile, cook the pasta so everything is ready at the same time
4. Finally add pepper and basil to add aroma.
5. Plate pasta and add the sauce with Parmesan cheese and voila!