Merecumbé...

Merecumbé is my trademark, I chose it back at culinary arts school when I was working on my final project, creating a restarurant. It means a musical rythm, a fusion between Colombian Cumbia and the Merengue of the Caribbean. In Panama, my country, it has different connotations, usually referring to things that are a mess, but work well together... like jazz. A Merecumbé is likely to start before a bigger problem. In my culinary world everything is possible as long as it remains ordained by tecnique and discipline. It is by those two pilars that I support having the craziness around.







Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mini Artisan Pepperoni Pizzas

     Last weekend was my sister's Mona Lisa 17th birthday and she invited her friends over. It is a little difficult to cook for teenagers, they still eat like kids but want to be treated as adults. I made finger food and I will be posting the entire menu as soon as she gives me the pics! We used her camera for most of the photos. I decided to make mini pizzas from scratch, I started two days in advanced. To make a chewy but crusty bread I had to make a poolish on day one, the batter on day two, and the pizza on day  three. For the sauce I kept it simple using garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste and fresh basil with a pinch of red pepper flakes. .For the cheese I chose a blend of Italian grated cheeses, topped with one pepperoni and a pinch of dried oregano. This was the lovely result:



Fresh Pizza Dough


Tomato Sauce


Cheese and Oregano

Pepperoni

I make these for special orders 4 days in advance
30$ for 20 units

xoxo

Carolina


2 comments:

  1. mmmmm DELISHHH! i would love ones with roaster red bell pepper + feta cheese + whole wheat crust (when i'm off my diet hehehehe)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also make whole wheat crust! and custom made flavors!!!!

    ReplyDelete