Merecumbé...

Merecumbé is my trademark, I chose it back at culinary arts school when I was working on my final project, creating a restarurant. It means a musical rythm, a fusion between Colombian Cumbia and the Merengue of the Caribbean. In Panama, my country, it has different connotations, usually referring to things that are a mess, but work well together... like jazz. A Merecumbé is likely to start before a bigger problem. In my culinary world everything is possible as long as it remains ordained by tecnique and discipline. It is by those two pilars that I support having the craziness around.







Saturday, December 25, 2010

New Cup Cake Flavor

     I've been meaning to make a savoury cupcake for a while know, but with all my Christmas orders for my six pack cupcakes I couldn't find the time. I finally did and I went for a seasonal flavor: cornbread. I embellished it a little by adding extra kernel corn, crispy bacon, lemon zest, and poppy seeds. To garnish I made a cream cheese frosting with a red pepper caramel twist and chopped chives. This is a season only cupcake, but I wanted to share the results with you!!!





For off season cornbread recipes or orders, please feel free to contact me,

mua,

Caro

1 comment: