Merecumbé...

Merecumbé is my trademark, I chose it back at culinary arts school when I was working on my final project, creating a restarurant. It means a musical rythm, a fusion between Colombian Cumbia and the Merengue of the Caribbean. In Panama, my country, it has different connotations, usually referring to things that are a mess, but work well together... like jazz. A Merecumbé is likely to start before a bigger problem. In my culinary world everything is possible as long as it remains ordained by tecnique and discipline. It is by those two pilars that I support having the craziness around.







Saturday, December 25, 2010

Raspberry Cheesecake with an Almond Graham Crust

     I told you I made 6 desserts for Christmas for a 25 people dinner didn't I? Ok I am revealing the entire menu....
  • Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
  • Fruitcake Cup Cakes
  • Coconut Flan
  • Ginger Chocolate Kiss Cookies
  • Sugar Cookies
  • Raspberry Cheesecake


         Raspberry Cheesecake with an Almond Graham Crust $40
The truth is I had been on a diet for the entire month of December so I would not touch a single cup cake while making hundreds of them, and it really worked. I decided I would break my diet on the 24th for dinner and on the 25th for lunch and continue until February, I will tell you later what happens in February!!! I have been craving cheesecake for ever, specially the graham crust!!! So I decided to make it to treat my self after such a hard work month and for achieving my goal with my dieting, now I can continue, guilt free, I strongly recommend this!

I made a classic cheesecake, but added some almond paste to the crust to make it nutty, it was lovely. The raspberry sauce I thickened with pectin, you can use agar agar, xantham gum or any other type of emulsifier that will nut take away its shiny look, like starches. It  is tangy and really good specially when you are having so many desserts jijiji...

mua,

Caro

2 comments:

  1. a otro nivel! at another level lol! TV food network watch out for cayoyi!

    ReplyDelete