Merecumbé...

Merecumbé is my trademark, I chose it back at culinary arts school when I was working on my final project, creating a restarurant. It means a musical rythm, a fusion between Colombian Cumbia and the Merengue of the Caribbean. In Panama, my country, it has different connotations, usually referring to things that are a mess, but work well together... like jazz. A Merecumbé is likely to start before a bigger problem. In my culinary world everything is possible as long as it remains ordained by tecnique and discipline. It is by those two pilars that I support having the craziness around.







Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dog Cookies...

     As for today I've started a new line of baked goods, Gourmet Doggie Bags,  for our best friends in the whole world: dogs. As you probably know if you know me, I have a beautiful Chihuahua, Nina. She is such a picky eater, I get frustrated because she is only 3 pounds! I only like giving her dog food because I know is the best for her, but I feel like it must be so boring eating the same food every single day of your life! I read there are natural things such as honey and peanut butter that are actually good for her so I started giving her microscopic amounts in special occasions.


Nina smelling and checking out the cookies

I started doing some on line researching about dog food recipes and what ingredients there where in dog food, and decided to try some recipes my self. I came up with these bone shaped cookies that are the cutest thing ever, and tasted them myself when Nina first did her tasting. They are not sweet, but don't taste like paper. They are also not as hard as regular dog cookies, they have a much softer bite. I think Nina Thought she was having lobster or something because she was so happy, wagging her tail, following me for more... she is never like that with food.

                                                                                               


           Nina having some cookies     Nina asking for more!!!!

I love cooking, and I love having my little dog around when I cook for my self. It was very sweet to have her hanging around this time, and actually being able to share the results with her with something healthy and good for her. Nina is such a special Chi.. she never barks for stupid reasons, she cries only when strictly necessary, she is super social, she is lovable and its not me, people tell me so. So if you also have wonderful things to say about your pup and want to treat him or her to some special bone shaped cookies feel free to contact me like 6 other dog lovers have done so in the past 24 hours since I mentioned I was baking these cookies.


100% homemade, natural ingredients: whole wheat, rice, water,  peanut butter, eggs, oatmeal, and honey.










gourmet doggie bag
12 bone cookies
9$

mua,

caro

2 comments:

  1. Bellezaaaa! I love Nina! She is the friendliest chihuahua I have ever seen and you're right, she never barks for stupid reasons.
    This is so sweet that you're making these! I almost want to try them or get a dog just so that it can eat them!! hahaha

    Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha gabi maybe I can make you some sugar cookies with this shape!

    ReplyDelete