Merecumbé...

Merecumbé is my trademark, I chose it back at culinary arts school when I was working on my final project, creating a restarurant. It means a musical rythm, a fusion between Colombian Cumbia and the Merengue of the Caribbean. In Panama, my country, it has different connotations, usually referring to things that are a mess, but work well together... like jazz. A Merecumbé is likely to start before a bigger problem. In my culinary world everything is possible as long as it remains ordained by tecnique and discipline. It is by those two pilars that I support having the craziness around.







Thursday, January 27, 2011

Queso Fresco Empanaditas!!!

   My clients are constantly asking me for new or different things they can offer their guests at their parties as appetizers or hors d'ouvres. Here is a classic, with my healthy twist, a wholewheat pastry dough. I did not make this to cut down  the calories, wholewheat flour wont do that. It is the fiber and vitamins in the wholewheat that compliments the recipe, and I find the flavor to be wholesome. The queso fresco is delicious and makes these empanaditas great for any time of the day, from breakfast, brunch, tea times, and appetizers.




60 empanaditas
$ 25.00


mua

Caro

No comments:

Post a Comment